Each year I make a list of goals for the year… and I call them goals because I think the word resolutions holds too much pressure. Goals would suggest trying…. resolutions carries a lot more in the way of failure if you can’t rigidly stick to them. Here are the five things I most want to work on this year!
1. Establish my photography business! I want to be a photographer. I’m practicing and practicing and am still getting to grips with my camera and lenses and I want to work hard on my portfolio this year. Nate starts nursery school in September so I’m going to have a lot more time on my hands!
2. Take better care of myself! This one is more because I turned 30 in the last year… I know I need to look after myself better. I want to get into a habit of either running or doing yoga 4 times a week, lose a little weight and I need to drink more water and A LOT less Coke.
3. Say yes more often. This is a goal I set every year because it’s super important and there is always room for improvement. I am guilty of saying “in a minute” or “we will do it later”, when really the most important thing is the boys, chores etc can wait. I also need to consciously put my phone and computer away for a while and really absorb all the wonderful things that are happening in my day.
4. Knuckle down and STUDY. This year I started on a degree course part-time. I love it and I am doing well, but to be honest, there is so much room for improvement where study is concerned. I am getting good marks without putting all my effort in, so imagine what I could get if I REALLY TRY.
5. Get serious about saving.
I’m late to the party in posting my goals for the year but it’s still January, so it still counts!