When I was 28 I made a list of 30 things I wanted to do before I turned 30. At the time, the list didn’t seem all that insanely ambitious… but having just checked, I only crossed off a very small fraction.
I learnt to shoot in manual mode on my camera (though I am still practicing!), I started yoga (but have not yet mastered the splits), I made some new friends, I ate lobster again (more than once!), I tried a new hairstyle and we paid off a credit card.
A couple of my goals are currently in progress… for instance, I am sitting my driving test in August and I hope that I pass it this time. We are attending a music festival on Friday (missing the mark by just a couple of days!), James and I have plans to hike Slieve Donard and I’m halfway through losing a stone.
As I turn 30 today though, I’m ok with having not completed my list but I am excited to write a list of 30 more things I would like to do as I enter a new decade (I know, sounds weird right?) and some of them come from my old list. This time I am taking the pressure off and not setting myself a deadline/ time limit… and if I change my mind about completing one or all them, then that’s ok. It’s my list! 🙂
So without further ado… presenting my 30 AFTER 30 list.
- Karaoke. Nobody hears me sing. So I’d love to step out of my comfort zone just once.
- Buy a KitchenAid mixer. Fancy schmancy kitchen appliance… grown up or what?
- Let go of grudges…
- Complete my BA (Honours) in English Literature and Language. Starting in October!
- Run a 5K. This is happening in August!!!! DONE.
- Attend a blog conference.
- Learn how to cook something fancy.
- Pay it forward.
- Read the news! I need to be more aware of important situations in the world!
- Make a garden!!!! Current garden is totally crap haha!
- Let go of broken friendships. DONE.
- Spend more time nurturing quality friendships.
- Create and not touch an emergency fund.
- Eat at a Michelin star restaurant.
- Geocache. We need to do this as a family.
- Establish my photography business.
- Write our will.
- Try raw sushi.
- Have a regular exercise routine.
- Drink more water. People who say water doesn’t have a taste are lying!!!
- …and declutter.
- Learn a new language. Maybe german!
- Take a salsa class.
- Own gorgeous lingerie. How fun to have ONLY pretty underwear rather than functional.
- Say yes more often, especially to the kids.
- Complete another project 365.
- Give blood.
- Do volunteer work.