10 Things I Don’t Know How To Do

photo

1. I don’t know how to drive… yet.  I am presently learning though… it’s one of those things I really don’t want to do as it makes me so nervous, but I know it will be a huge benefit in the long run.
  2. I don’t know how to budget properly!  In fact, I used to be the only person who looked at our accounts and took note of what we were spending… but because I got us into a bit of a pickle, James has come on board… has taken charge actually, and is noting down EVERYTHING we spend.  Maybe between us we will figure this whole ‘making a budget’ thing out.
  3. I don’t know how to be patient.  It’s not even something I can work on… it’s just a part of me.  Ha!
  4. I don’t know how to set up and use my sewing machine… and I really need to learn!  I have a ton of craft ideas in my head…. a TON… I even bought myself some cute fabric to make a few things for the boys bedroom.  The sewing machine has been here for a couple of years nearly.  Must give my mum a call to come and help me learn… she is good at stuff like that.
  5. I don’t know how to fully relax.  I don’t often get the opportunity to relax FULLY… but when I do have the opportunity, my mind is in overdrive about things that I maybe should be doing or catching up on.  I just can’t let go.  My mum reckons I have inherited a little OCD and I think she might be right… maybe a little bit.
  6. I don’t know how to stop myself throwing up when someone else does.  I gag and gag and gag.  Even when it comes to my own children.  Thanks heavens that James has always been there when the kids have been vomiting!
  7. I don’t know how to fight properly.  This is something I was never taught, by anyone… though I’m not alone in this… James doesn’t know how to fight properly either, so when we have an argument it goes round and round in circles until we end up giving up, kinda.  They don’t teach this in school and there don’t seem to be nightclasses on how to fight right with ones spouse. (In saying this though, James and I very rarely have arguments.)
  8. I don’t know DIY.  Any of it.  I’ve never had to do any DIY in my life.  Decorating I can do, but don’t ask me to put up a shelf.  Luckily for me though I am taking a women’s DIY course in a couple of months time!  Should be very interesting!
  9. I don’t know how to play an instrument.  I did some piano lessons when I was in high school, but I don’t remember any of it.  I would love to know how to play the guitar properly though!
  10. I don’t know how to speak a second language fluently.  I learnt spanish and french at school… and can only remember enough spanish to pass myself on a holiday abroad… there are so many languages I wish I could speak.

To see more stop by Mama Kat’s!

14 thoughts on “10 Things I Don’t Know How To Do

1. Knitty Mummy says:

With you on point 6, my brother was terribly car sick when we were kids and it always made me sick. I recently went on a school trip with my daughter – the moment I saw the teacher get on the coach with a sick bucket I started feeling ill.

2. Jennifer says:

You may be onto something incredible here….How to Argue classes in high school might reduce the divorce rate in this country! Or at least the # of trips to the ER! LOL! Good luck with the driving. Here in Texas you kind of have to start early. Takes a while to get everywhere. Oh and my 8yr old twins play the guitar awesomely. And when I hear them I think back to my piano lessons and how I could’ve tried a little harder??? Hindsight is 20/20 🙂

3. tammigirl says:

I’m right there with you on a few of these things. I have a sewing machine, which I bought when I won a gift card to Wayfair. But I don’t really know how to use it. My mother taught sewing for years. She’s teaching my cousin’s daughter now. But me? Not so much. I’m unteachable, according to her.

4. Sarah says:

Good luck with your driving test! I think I only passed mine cos I had a lovely examiner who made me promise to practice parallel parking which I never do, I’d rather walk for miles than have to park between two cars!

5. Janice says:

Oh I hear about the sewing machine. At least, though, you’ve already got one! I so need one. And I do want to learn too. But I actually just end up taking my stuff that needs to be sewed to my mom’s. Yes, even when my husband needed his dress pants hemmed, I took it to my mom’s. *forehead slap* Pathetic, right?

6. Patty@homemakersdaily.com says:

My cat throws up a lot and I used to make my kids clean it up. But they’re grown and gone and now I have to do it myself. I’ve gotten to where I can do it, but I always gag at least 5 times.After my daughter had her wisdom teeth out, I was trying to take care of her and started gagging. My daughter-in-law was here and she took over for me. I have a very strong gag reflex so I can relate.I would say it gets better but I’m 51 and it hasn’t. Just learn to go with it. And get someone else to clean stuff up every time you can!

7. Ali says:

I don’t know how to argue properly either or set up a sewing machine or be patient. In fact I am with you on a lot of the things you have listed 🙂

8. Erin M says:

Love this idea for a post! I’m filing it away for the future. It’s funny; I consider myself a DIYer but…put up a shelf? By myself? Say what? I’d be sobbing in a pool of frustration within minutes. And my many years of piano lessons were a total loss; I can read music but can’t do much on the piano beyond songs with titles like "Soccer is My Favorite Sport." :)ps–you take great photos. I saw that you’d like to be a professional photographer but are now a SAHM–sounds a lot like me. 🙂 I’m a new follower; found you via SITS!