It doesn’t seem so long ago that Nate was born… it definitely doesn’t seem like a year. It took us such a long time to fall pregnant with our littlest baby boy… and now that he is here, time is flying by. I’ve loved the last year. I love how our little family has grown.
Tonight, as I was feeding him his bottle before bed, he held onto my index finger with his whole hand and it struck me just how much he has grown. I remember that little hand holding onto the same finger, but the hand being so much smaller. I soaked up the whole few minutes that he took to drain the bottle. I consciously soaked it up because in a way I feel robbed of the last year and I wanted to hold on tightly to the last little bit of it.
This time last year I had the most perfect birth… resulting in a perfectly formed and healthy little man. My SECOND perfect and healthy little man. How blessed am I?
At 1 Nate can:
- Say “Hiya”, “Daddy”, “Mama”, “Ssssh” and “Dat” while pointing at something.
- Blow kisses!
- Has 7 teeth… very very nearly 8!
- Can stand on his own and TRIED to take a step today…
- Has cut down slightly on naps.
- Loves having baths with his brother.
- Smiles at everyone and EVERYTHING.
- His eyes have remained blue and his hair is very fair.
- Is a fan of sweet things!
- Loves raiding the bookshelf… the kids one 🙂
- Loves lunch time.
- Needs a haircut… he has 2 little sticky out bits above his ears. Ha!
- LOVES his dummy/ doddy… goodness knows how we will ever take it away!