Happy Happy Happy New Year! I hope that 2013 is happy and good to everyone. I’m super excited for what 2013 might bring!
I set 10 last year. I’m going to set 9 this year but I know there are more than that floating around in my head.
This year I attended a course called Steps To Excellence and it has really empowered me to believe in myself, my future and has encouraged me to knuckle down and start on some of my future goals. The biggest thing I learnt from the course was that there is nothing stopping me from getting what I want from life, apart from myself! I can do whatever I put my mind to… and I’m worth it 😉
So… without further ado. My goals for 2013:
- Start saving and only spend money wisely. This was a goal for last year but it never happened. In fact, I forgot it was a goal and there was no way we could have done it anyway. Here is hoping that this year will be better and we can put some savings away for a rainy day (or a holiday!).
- Learn!! I love to learn and there are a number of things I want to learn this year, but instead of listing them individually as goals, I am bundling them all into one. I want to learn how to use my camera properly, I want to learn to use my sewing machine and I want to pass my driving test!
- Say ‘yes’ more often. This is another goal from last year and it went quite well. I had to remind myself often of this goal. I could definitely do better and that is why it is on my list for this year too. It’s important to realise that I can say “in a minute” to the job at hand, a lot easier than I can say “in a minute” to my kids. They come first.
- Read more. I have a list as long as my arm, of all the books I want to read. This year I am joining in with Mama Owl and her 50 Books 2013 Challenge! I am a fast reader when I sit down to it… but I never sit down to it haha! This year I’m going to. That’s pretty much a book a week. I will post my list later.
- Lose weight. Nate is turning 1 in a couple of weeks and I weigh a little more than I did before I fell pregnant with him. A year is time enough for me to stop eating the junk… and do something about getting healthy and losing a bit of weight!
- Grow my business. This is something I haven’t really touched on before. I want to be a photographer. I’m practicing and practicing and am working on building a portfolio and learning how to use my camera properly. I want to build my confidence and put myself out there!
- Lose the technology for a little while a day. I’m guilty of always having my iPhone or laptop on hand. This year I plan to turn it off at some point in the day and live out a couple of hours totally uninterrupted and without distraction… time I can spend concentrating 100% on the two most important people in my life… the boys.
- I will make a ‘Happy Jar’. I will fill a glass jar with little notes of happy memories that happen during the year. A special moment, event, day trip… everything. I will pop it on a post-it and drop in the jar! What a lovely thing to have to look through at the end of the year! No matter what happens throughout the year, at the end of 2013 there will be a glass jar of positivity smiles.
- Join in a 365 project. I spent last year taking a photo a day for Nate’s 365 (Ollie has one of his first year too) and this year I want to do one for ME! I’m thinking about joining in with FatMumSlim’s photo a day!
Achievable list? We will see!